Welcome to VRGS
Virtual Reality Geological Studio (VRGS) is a 3D data visualisation and interpretation software tool for field based geology and geophysics, as well as for geoscientists working with 3D digital outcrop models (DOM). Focusing mainly on point cloud and triangulated mesh data, multiple attributes can be calculated based on surface geometry and used to assist interpretation. Input data can be from LiDAR, Structure from Motion (SFM), DEM or any other point cloud type dataset. A wide variety of input data types are supported (including common formats such as PLY and OBJ), and further types can be added on request.
Interpretation tools include structural measurement (dip/azimuth) of faults and beds, polylines and geobodies, with associated analysis of these data types with stereonets and statistical output. Interpretation data can be exported to ascii text files if necessary.
- Visualise large data sets with ultra-high resolution texture maps (100’s of megapixels) in 3D with very high Fame rates
- Import from a broad spectrum of data formats (additional formats added on request) including PLY and OBJ.
- Processing and attribute analysis of both point cloud and mesh data.
- Filtering and classification of mesh and point cloud data.
- Easy to use interpretation tools for bedding, faults and fractures and other features.
- Mapping of geobodies and integration of sedimentological data, such as palaoecurrents, into the geobody.
- Stereonet and histogram analysis of data.
- Addition to scale bars, measurements and other annotations to models.
- Create animations and fly-throughs via built in movie tools.
- Image draping and projective texturing.
- Easy export of data to ASCII text files.
- Support for Oculus Rift Headsets allowing you to visit your field localities in VR.